Details of Murder Case of Aasma Rani of Kohat.
1. On 27-1-2018 complainant Muhammad Irfan s/o Ghulam Dastagir reported to police at 3:45 pm that his sister Asma Rani , a 3rd Year medical student, has been shot by Mujahid Afridi and Sadiq Ullah at Kohat Development Authority Township, Kohat at around 3:20 pm.
2. The injured lady succumbed to her injuries in hospital while the accused escaped from the spot.
3. A case FIR # 20/2018 u/s 302,34 PPC was registered at PS KDA Kohat and investigation started.
4. During the course of investigation it was revealed that one accused namely Mujahid Afridi left Pakistan for Saudi Arabia on an Umra Visa from Benazir Bhutto Airport Islamabad through flight number SV 889 at 9 pm. It seems that Mujahid straight away left for Islamabad Airport after committing the crime.
5. FIA has been approached for issuing of red warrants for the arrest of the absconding accused through Interpol.
6. Raids are being conducted to arrest the remaining accused.
7. Special Investigation Team under the supervision of DPO Kohat has been constituted to investigate the case.
8. Human intelligence is being collected through DSB and Special Branch.
9. Police is conducting investigation on modern lines.
10. IGP KPK has directed DIG Kohat to arrest the accused at the earliest.
(DIRECTOR PUBLIC RELATIONS KHYBER PAKHTUNKHWA POLICE)