Inspector General of Police Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Moazzam Jah Ansari visits Suki Kinari Hydro Power Project near Naran in Mansehra district to review security.
1. The Inspector General of Police Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Moazzam Jah Ansari visited Seki Kinari Hydro Power Project near Naran in Mansehra District. Commissioner Hazara Riaz Khan Babar Afridi, DPO Mansehra Asif Bahader and other high-ranking Police Officers accompanied the IGP.
2. The IGP met army officers and Chinese officials at the project. The administration of the project briefed the IGP about the arrangements to protect the project and its staff from any terrorist attack.
3. The IGP lauded the role of China in economic growth of Pakistan. He appreciated the contribution of Chinese engineers in the development of Pakistan. He reiterated the Pakistani Governmentâ€™s pledge to provide foolproof security to Chinese citizens living in Pakistan. He reassured on the behalf of KP government that all possible measures would be taken to protect the Chinese citizens from all kind of threats.
4. The IGP also met with the Pak- Army officers stationed at Seki Kinari Project. The commanding officer briefed the IGP about the progress of the project and its security. The army officers also accompanied the IGP when he was visiting different points at the dam site to check the security of the project.
5. The IGP directed police officers to beef up the security of the Chinese officials. He urged them to remain in close contact with the Chinese to resolve their security related issues.
6. The IGP also directed to install of more CCTV cameras and to supervise all routes with the help of Drone cameras. The IGP asked DIG Special Branch to conduct the security audit of the place.
7. The Chinese officials appreciated the efforts of the Pak Army and KP Police to provide them a secure working environment.